I Recommend get into bands/musicians you discovered in video games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Recommend get into bands/musicians you discovered in video games

Post by Swooning on Mon May 15, 2017 5:15 am

Well... At least if you to want to get into music, like me. And if you don't, that's fine. Not everybody are into music, as they are into video games, movies and such.

But why am I saying this? Because game soundtracks are one of the first steps in the formation of your musical taste and the song that you might like from that soundtrack may spark interest on the group/artist and at one point spark the curiosity of check out other songs from their discography. And if everything goes right, some of those groups may become of some of your favorite bands/artists. Heck, this happened with me a lot of times and now I have some of my favorite bands coming from games (Jimmy Eat World, Feeder, Local H, Silversun Pickups, Yuck, Rise Against, Queens of the Stone Age, The Maccabees, Bloc Party,  etc), as well some groups that I sometimes listen throughout time. Of course there may be some letdowns (Fuel's Natural Selection is probably one of the most boring things I've heard in my entire life), but that's part of the life. And there are a lot of people that got into music because of video games and they aren't embarassed by it. So, like I said before, if you want to get into music, video games soundtracks are probably the easiest place to start.

Tl;dr I wrote bullshit words* so I could try to convince you to get into music because of games
*jk

Back to top Go down

Re: I Recommend get into bands/musicians you discovered in video games

Post by Zipper on Mon May 15, 2017 9:23 am

Well I've Discovered Rom DiPrisco (NFSIISE), Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold (NFSMW), Madeon and Lower than Atlantis (NFSMW2012). But the song that I've loved from a videogame was Halling Ass (NFSIISE) made by Robert Ridihalgh. Unfortunayely, that guy just made music for that game AFAIK and could not find any song or music career of him. The best gameplay music ever!

Back to top Go down

Re: I Recommend get into bands/musicians you discovered in video games

Post by BloodDrunk on Wed May 17, 2017 2:41 am

Because game soundtracks are one of the first steps in the formation of your musical taste and the song that you might like from that soundtrack may spark interest on the group/artist and at one point spark the curiosity of check out other songs from their discography.

This.

That's how I got into what I'm listening to, and this one track in particular describes my taste in music:

------------------------------
If you seem to have any questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact me by sending me a PM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BloodDrunk
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top